Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Three Years Ago

It’s hard for me to believe that I’ve been writing this blog for three years now, but it’s true. Three hundred forty-seven posts have preceded this one. I’ve reached twenty thousand views and average over eight hundred a month. The blog keeps me accountable for keeping up with my plan and focuses my thinking: I definitely get more out of what I read knowing that I’ll report my thoughts to strangers around the world. (17% of the hits come from Russia.)

Here are some of my favorite posts from the last year:
The Dramatic Death of Julius Caesar
On the Border of Love
Re: My Hackles
Charles Williams See Reality, Part I
Charles Williams See Reality, Part II
Charles Williams See Reality, Part III
Monarchs and Memories
The Beauty of Guilt
Shelley's "A Summer Evening Churchyard"
The Probability of Peirce
Who Talks Like Shakespeare?
I posted similar lists in August of 2011 and August of 2012. I don’t think I quite matched the quality of some of those earlier pieces, but I’m still very happy with these. I’m grateful for my readers, and I’ll try to stick with the blog and with you for another three years. May all the books we read in that time be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment